- We process data in accordance with the EU GDPR.
- We use information about you, , to help us operate our website..
- We may disclose information about you in certain circumstances.
- 1.1 ValveRecruitment.com (the “Website”) is an online service owned and operated by MecRec Ltd, which provides recruitment services.
2 What data do we collect and how is it used?
- 2.1 We may ask you for, or you may submit, personal and non-personal information and data to us when you use the Website. This could include:
- 2.1.1 Your name and address
- 2.1.2 Company name and address
- 2.1.3 Your username and password
- 2.1.4 Your e-mail address
- 2.1.5 Your phone number
- 2.1.6 Any content you submit to the Website ("Member Content”), such assuch as job descriptions, resumes, CV’s.
- 2.2 We use this data for the following purposes:
- 2.2.1 Name,company name, address, email address: to register and administer your user account
- 2.2.2 E-mail address: to contact you about your use of the Website, to provide you with news about us, to offer you additional services
- 2.2.3 Phone number: to contact you about matters requiring your urgent attention, to verify your identity or to provide other ValveRecruitment.com services with your consent; and
- 2.2.4 Your Content: to process and make available your content to the Website and to distribute in accordance with your instructions use of the website.
- 2.3 Information submitted to the Website may also be used to:
- 2.3.1 Enable our compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- 2.3.2 Enable your use of the Website and associated services
- 2.3.3 Provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service; and
- 2.3.4 Generally run and improve the Website.
- 2.4 When you get in contact with us we may keep records of what is communicated. This is to ensure we have a record of our discussion for future reference and so we can provide services to you more efficiently. We may also record these communications in order to train or manage our staff.
- 2.5 For administration purposes we keep a copy of all members correspondence to track progress on enquiries and to be able to assist Members although not obligated to do so.
3 Cookies and website usage analysis
- 3.1 We use ‘cookies’ and similar technologies on the Website. Cookies are small computer files which the Website may store in your Internet browser, enabling your Internet browser and the Website to communicate with each other. Other similar technologies may operate in a different way but, like cookies, are used to analyse how the website is being used.
- 3.3.1 Recognise you when you return to the Website
- 3.3.2 Optimise the Website and improve our services;
- 3.4 Some cookies will be deleted when you close your Internet browser, others will remain on your Internet browser until they are deleted or they reach their expiry date.
4 Data sharing
- 4.1 We may disclose personal information about you to other to trusted third parties (both inside and outside of the European Economic Area):
- 4.1.1 For the purposes specified above; and
- 4.1.2 To enable us to receive services which help us operate the Website.
- 4.2 Your personal information may also be disclosed:
- 4.2.1 If we are seeking to buy or sell any businesses or assets.
- 4.2.2 With a view to preventing fraud or reducing credit risk; and
- 4.2.3 If we are obliged to do so to comply with law, regulations or a court order; if it is necessary to enforce any of our terms and conditions or any other agreements to which we are a party; if it is necessary to protect our rights, property or the safety of our customers or Website users.
5 Management of data
- 5.1 We will use information collected about you in accordance with the EU GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2009.
- 5.3 If you believe we have information about you that you do not want us to have or that you think is incorrect, please contact us.
- 5.4 Although we will do our best to protect information about you, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the Website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received information about you, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to that Information.
- 5.5 Information about you may be sent outside of the European Economic Area, including to countries whose data protection rules are less stringent than those found in the European Economic Area.
6 Data retention
- 6.1 We will only hold data about you for as long as necessary, bearing in mind the purpose for which that data was collected.
- 7.1 If you follow a link from the Website to any third party websites, you should be aware that those websites may have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites. Please check the policies of any third party websites before submitting any personal data to them.
- 7.3 All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to us using our contact form. We will try to respond to you within 48 hours.